Frequently Asked Questions
(These are general answers; please see the Official Photo Contest Rules and Voters Sweepstakes Rules for more details)
- How do I log in?
- If you are a MEMBER who uploaded a photo: To log in, enter your email address and password and click "Log in." You do not need a separate account to cast votes. Click on "My Profile" to see how many votes you have for the month.
- If you are a VOTER: log in with your email address and click "Log in." You do not need a password. Also make sure that you have already confirmed your account or your votes will not show.
- *Note that the "Vote" link is for new registrants.
Back to the top
- How do I vote?
- First you have to register. You can register by either entering a photo in the contest or signing up as a voter. To sign up as a member, click "Enter photo contest". To sign up as a voter, click "Vote". Next, you need to locate the photo you want to vote for. Most likely, the contestant who uploaded the photo sent you a direct link to their photo. You can also use the Search feature to search by the photo name and state. Finally, click the VOTE button beneath the photo you want to vote for.
- Why aren't my votes showing up?
- If you are a voter, you must click on the confirmation email that we sent you in order to validate your email address. This is done in an effort to prevent fraud. If you did not receive the confirmation email, it is likely that your ISP (internet service provider, like AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) accidentally blocked the email from coming to your inbox. Check your bulk email box. If it is not there, then follow the steps for your provider as set forth at http://www.safesenderslist.com/; add the following domains to your safe sender list greatamericanphotocontest-mail.com and greatamericanbabies.com and greatamericanphotocontest-updates.com. Once you have done this, write an email to email@example.com requesting a new confirmation link or you can go to the website, click on Contact Us, provide your email address and choose "I am a voter and need my confirmation" from the drop-down menu. Note that we keep track of all votes, even if they are not showing up. Once the voter's account is confirmed, all previous votes will appear.
- Help! All my votes disappeared!
- It's probably because it is the beginning of the month. On the first day of each new month, a brand new contest begins, and we level the playing field by resetting everyone’s votes back to 0.
- How often can I vote?
- You can vote one time per photo per day. In other words, you can vote for a single photograph once per day, each day of the month (i.e., up to 31 votes in a month, depending on the month). A new day starts at 12AM EST. If you vote for a photo after 12AM, you cannot vote for that photo again until after 12AM EST the next day.
- Who is allowed to vote?
- Any US resident over the age of 18, except residents of Puerto Rico, New York, Florida and Rhode Island, is eligible to participate in the Contest. You must register to vote. Tell your friends and family to vote. Those states are restricted due to the particular laws of those States.
- How can I tell people to vote?
- You may copy and paste the link we sent you and forward it to your friends and family’s email addresses. Or you can go to "My Profile" page and click the link underneath your photo.
- My friends and family have been voting, but their votes aren’t being counted!
- It is likely that some of your voters have not confirmed their registration. Please have them go to our website, click on Contact Us, provide their email address and choose "I am a voter and need my confirmation" from the drop down menu. Or, they can email us and we will send them their confirmation links. After confirmation, their votes will appear as we have kept track of them.
Back to the top
- How long does it take before my photo will show up?
- We manually approve every photo that comes in. This can take up to 48 hours, although it is usually much sooner.
- How many photographs can I submit?
- You may submit up to 6 photographs but note that the contest is judged by the number of votes per photo and votes are not added up from multiple photos.
- Are there any format limitations?
- Accepted extensions: jpg, gif, bmp (case insensitive); Accepted file sizes: any file size; Accepted resolutions: any.
Please make sure that the photo is not digitally enhanced or “Photoshopped” to keep the contest fair for everyone.
- How do I delete a photo?
- Login to the website. Go to the "My Profile" page. Find the photograph you want to delete and click the "edit" link. Then click the "delete photo" option.
- How do I upload additional photos?
- To upload a photo, log in with your username (email address) and password. Then click on MyProfile, and then click on Upload New Photo.
- Where is my photo? Why can’t I find it when I browse through?
- We receive thousands of new submissions every week. When you browse through the photos, you are seeing the most recent entries. The fastest way to find a photo is to use the Search feature.
- How do I edit the photo’s name and info?
- Upload the photo again with the correct information and delete the old photo. You may do this on your Profile page. Please note that doing this will reset the votes to 0.
- I received an email with the wrong photo! Where's my photo?
- We have several different versions of our refer-a-friend email, and in some of them we use a generic photo to. It doesn’t matter if you use that email or the one with your own photo. It has no effect on voting.
Back to the top
- How can I win the Photo Contest?
- The photo with the most votes received in a calendar month wins the Photo Contest. It is important that you vote often, and tell your friends to vote. Note however, that only confirmed votes will count.
- How much does it cost to enter?
- Entering this photo contest is absolutely free.
- Do I have to fill out the advertisements?
- No, you don’t. You don’t need to select any offers or enter into any other promotions. Those are entirely optional.
- How do I know if I won?
- We will contact you within 30 days of the month’s end.
Back to the top
If your question was not answered here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.